I am reposting this from my other blog (Athena’s), so it is in her own words!
Help the Animal Welfare Party be a VOICE FOR ANIMALS!
If you are a true animal lover then you will want what’s best for all animals. Not just your pet.
Mum is a member of The Animal Welfare Party, a UK political party for people, animals and the environment. We both want to help spread the word for all the animals in the world because we cannot speak up for ourselves (well, we can, but humans don’t really communicate in the way that we do and many, to be honest, are ingnorant and selfish and care only for their own needs.
But we know there are true animal angels out there that really want to do what’s best for their furry (and not so furry) friends. Without them, what chance do we have?
From the AWP website:
The AWP believes in a better future for people, animals and the environment. Our policies are aimed at creating a fairer, more equitable and sustainable society in which the interests of the environment, people and animals are taken into account.
Our key policies include:
- Redirecting subsidies from livestock and fisheries farming to plant-based agriculture
- Promoting healthy plant-based lifestyle initiatives in schools, GP practices and the workplace
- Phasing out animal experimentation with binding targets for reduction and funding and support for alternatives
- Phasing out farming practices with poor welfare consequences for animals
- Increasing penalties for those convicted of animal cruelty
If you live in the UK and want to speak up for animals please visit the AWP website
It’s also National Pet Month in the UK so we would like to share this great infographic about Keeping Your Pets Safe.
Disclaimer: I was not compensated for writing this post. Full disclosure here