UK 2015 General Election
For people, animals and the environment
The Animal Welfare Party (AWP) is a party that believes in a “better future for people, animals and the environment” and its policies are “aimed at creating a fairer, more equitable and sustainable society in which the interests of the environment, people and animals are taken into account.”
AWP Key Policies:
- Redirecting subsidies from livestock and fisheries farming to plant-based agriculture
- Promoting healthy plant-based lifestyle initiatives in schools, GP practices and the workplace
- Phasing out animal experimentation with binding targets for reduction and funding and support for alternatives
- Phasing out farming practices with poor welfare consequences for animals
- Increasing penalties for those convicted of animal cruelty
To read the full manifesto click here
Want to help or donate?
The Animal Welfare Party is entirely run by volunteers and the only funds the party receives comes in the form of donations and membership fees from supporters.
From the website:
We receive no other funding. And yet, contesting elections is very costly. When it comes to the UK General Election there are 650 constituencies and the deposit to contest each constituency is £500. So, if we were to have a candidate in each constituency the deposits alone would cost us £325,000 – not the kind of funds we have at the moment!
If you care about animals, support the AWP’s aims and would like to help or donate click here.
Interested in becoming a member of the AWP? click here